What are those Location Reminders?
Location reminders notify you based on your places. They defer from basic reminders which are time based. Time based reminders have a major problem! You don’t always know at what time you will arrive at a specific location.
Some usage examples could be:
- You must print a document on arriving in your office
- You must bye milk at the grocery store
- I am sure you can find many other examples!
What changes do they bring?
You must allow two new permissions for Life Reminders to receive location updates and trigger reminders.
Depending on your android version:
- Android versions up to Android Pie (version 9): [android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION]
- Android Q (version 10) and up: the [android.permission.ACCESS_BACKGROUND_LOCATION] permission is also necessary.
These Permissions are only necessary if you use this type of reminder.
How do you use them?
It’s really simple!
You create a reminder as you would for a simple reminder
- The reminders are not working:
- Make sure you did not disable location or GPS
- Make sure you gived the Life Reminders permission to access location.
- Life Reminders does does not trigger reminders right away:
- Android sometimes delays the location notifications for a few minutes (usually about 2 or 3 minutes).